- I start the day off with oil pulling and warm water.
- I have a smoothie for breakfast on most days and if I don't have a smoothie, I eat oats or eggs with avocado. I will either get a smoothie from Juice Press or make one at the office or at home. If I make it from scratch, I use as many nutritious ingredients as possible. I am currently making my smoothies based on a recommendation from one of our clients, Annie Atkinson. I love to pack the smoothie with as many superfoods as possible. Annie turned me onto the Clean Program smoothie mix. I use that, plus the Moon Juice Beauty and Ashwagandha she suggested. On my own, I add ghee and MCT oil as well as almond butter, coconut water, bee pollen, probiotics, berries, kiwi, and hemp seeds.
- I have one smoothie or green juice a day from Juice Press (my favorites are “The Guru” or Greens Mix by Dr. Frank Lipman).
- Lunch usually consists of a salad, a meal from Juice Press, or Organic Avenue leftovers from the night before. This means quinoa, fish, vegetables, basmati rice, pastas (my pastas are made from beans or quinoa), etc. Gianluca cooks a lot, which consists of ingredients shipped directly from Italy and a combination of what we shop for at Whole Foods or local markets.
- Acupuncture with, Dr. Paul Kempisty.
- I am doing it on my own, but my workouts are a combination of what I’ve learned over the years from trainers put together with what I like and what works for me and interests me. I incorporate sprints, spin class, weight lifting, and Pilates. I work out 4-5 times a week.
- Daily meditation in our new Somadome Pod keeps me calm and focused.
Nicole’s Wedding Journey
Nicole’s Wedding Journey
Our beloved Nicole and her sweetheart Gianluca are getting married in June 2017. Dangene and the Skinovators are delighted to accompany her on her journey to perfection. We also thought we’d share the chronicle of her wedding preparations, from her skincare goals and treatments to her nutrition and fitness programs. We invite you to follow her on her skin care journey, as we count down to her big day!
Q: HOW DID YOU AND GIANLUCA MEET?
Let me see, where to begin... After my divorce, I made the decision to take some time to find what really makes me happy. With the help of my friends and my team, I realized that there can be a “forever after.” I was determined not to settle and to find what I really wanted in love, life, and spirit. I met Gianluca on a dating app called Bumble last year around this time. We went on our first date in September, and here we are, almost one year later. It is truly a dream come true for me.
Q: TELL US A BIT ABOUT GIANLUCA?
Gianluca is Italian, and his company, a fashion luxury brand, moved him to the New York office three years ago. He says he was immediately attracted to me, especially by my attitude and soul. He thinks that I am more laid back compared to many people in NY (I’m from California!), and that it’s great that we combine different aspects of our cultures.
Q: HOW DID GIANLUCA POP THE QUESTION?
He tried to propose for two days, but since I kept changing our plans, he had to keep re-planning his proposal. Finally, he decided to make me breakfast in bed, presented me with a photo book of our year together, and at the end of the book, he asked me to marry him. We then went on a bike ride and ate lunch in the park.
Q: WHAT ARE YOUR SKINCARE GOALS IN PREPARATION FOR THE BIG DAY?
My skincare goals are to continue to my weekly SRTs and monthly Rejuvapen treatments to keep my skin looking the best it can. This combo of treatments has worked really well for my skin type. It helps maintain anti-aging and gives a glow to my skin—or that glow could come from being engaged!
Q: WHAT ELSE DOES YOUR SKINCARE PROGRAM CONSIST OF?
Samantha is also doing monthly treatments on my back which consists of lots of zapping to even out my skin. My dress is a surprise, but I can say that my back and neck will be exposed and they need to be as beautiful as my gown.
The skincare program is coming along quite nicely. I am locked into my weekly appointments which keep me on my program and closer to my goal of healthy, glowing, even-toned skin from head to toe.
Q: IS GIANLUCA COMING IN FOR TREATMENTS?
He may not know it yet but he has a few appointments on the schedule!
Q: BESIDES SKINCARE - ARE YOU ON ANY OTHER PROGRAM TO HELP BETTER PREPARE FOR THE BIG DAY?
Q: WHAT IS OIL PULLING?
An ancient, Ayurvedic practice that whitens teeth and improves gums and overall oral health by reducing bacteria, plaque, etc. It involves swishing organic coconut oil in your mouth.
Q: WOULD YOU MIND SHARING ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE SMOOTHIE RECIPES?
Smoothie ingredients vary, but I usually I toss together coconut water, almond milk, raspberries, blueberries, mango, half an avocado, Moon Juice Beauty Powder, E3 Live, Clear Program Protein Powder mix, Greens Mix by Dr. Frank Lipman, almond butter, and Ashwagandha powder.
Q: WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND FOR THOSE SOON-TO-BE BRIDES, GROOMS, OR EVEN WEDDING GUESTS WHO NEED TO PREPARE FOR THE BIG DAY?
I recommend they come to the Institute and get on a program as soon as they know the wedding date.
Q: WHAT IS ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE SKIN CARE TIPS?
I love the Rejuvapen and AQ Growth Factor. It took my skin from good to GREAT!
Q: HAVE YOU CHOSEN “THE DRESS” YET?
I picked the dress on my first visit to Spina Bridal. When I tried it on, I knew it was the one. It will remain a surprise to everyone, except my mom and the bridal party.
Q: WHERE IS THE BIG DAY TAKING PLACE?
The venue is a magical farm called Blenheim Hill Farm. Gianluca found it and we put it on the list of places we set out to visit one morning. Blenheim Hill Farm was our first stop. Afterward, we looked at each other and said “This is it, no need to look elsewhere.
Stay tuned for more of Nicole’s wedding journey!
Nicole’s Wedding Journey – Part 2
It’s been an incredibly moving experience to accompany Nicole on her wedding journey. We’re so touched by her story and the wonderful partner she has found in Gianluca, and we’ve been there every step of the way to help her meet her goals. We thought we’d share the latest update with you as the big June day approaches!
"I’m feeling very calm in my final stage of wedding planning. I’m lucky to have an amazing partner in Gianluca: he’s truly the yin to my yang. I take care of the more “administrative” tasks and he is all over the creative. He thoughtfully and painstakingly designed our wedding invitations while I made sure to gather addresses and send them out in a timely manner. When the tasks do pile up, I remember the importance self-care during stressful times. I stay on my meditation and workout schedule, knowing the mental pay-offs will far outweigh the physical.
My skin is looking its best thanks to my regular SRTs, and my back is more even and glowy thanks to acid peels and weekly body work from my Skinovators! Our plan for Hyaluronic Acid fillers was just to add a subtle refresh and gentle rejuvenation to my lips and eyes—nothing drastic!— and we have achieved the exact look I wanted by layering products over time and taking incremental steps to get where we want by June.
I had my second-to-last dress fitting last week, and that’s when the surreal feeling really set in: we’re almost there! Right now, I’m focusing on feeling excited about sharing this day with everyone we love and getting to the celebrating!"