- Begin by having a conversation with your Skinovator about which Laser Treatments you should start now in order to be ready for summer. These may include laser hair removal and IPL for brown and red spot removal.
- SRTs (Skin Rejuvenation Treatments). Don’t forget that we can zap off all your skin tags, unsightly brown spots, and those crazy, little, red dots that appear out of nowhere! For women, schedule weekly treatments to prepare your skin for strappy dresses and sandals. For men, get your skin polished in time for T-shirt, shorts and sandals weather.
- Don’t forget BOTOX! Why frown in the sun when you can be flawless and wrinkle-free?
- Now is the time to switch to a foaming face wash (OBAGI) or even a salicylic or glycolic-acid cleanser (SANITAS) to remove dirt, oil and sun protection. If you tend to break out, add OBAGI EXFODERM to your routine to keep your pores clean. A face mist like SANITAS MOISTURE MIST refreshes, cools, and adds moisture due to its light emollient quality. It also counteracts the drying effects of chlorine, tap and salt water.
- It’s important to exfoliate regularly in the summer to remove the grayish top layer of over-exposed skin, physical block and oil. During the summer, most people can tolerate more frequent exfoliation because the skin is oilier and the underlying tissue is stronger. At the same time, do pay close attention to your skin to prevent sunburns, peeling, and blisters. Do all of your intensive peeling now, because in the summer months, you should use less Retinoids and acids as your skin is exposed to the sun more frequently.
- Protect your face with large hats and sunglasses as well as clear, zinc-based sun protection products like MD SOLAR SCIENCE BROAD SPECTRUM UVA-UVB SUN PROTECTION and OBAGI PHYSICAL UV BLOCK when you’re out having summer fun. Don’t forget to coat your shoulders, hands, knees, and tops of the feet.
- In the evening, after showering, apply a tiny amount of coconut oil over your entire body to give yourself a wonderful glow.
Get Ready for Summer
Get Ready for Summer
Lovely as it is, this gentle season won’t last: heat and humidity are on the way, which means more oil and dew will affect your face and body. Now is the time to adjust your skin care routine, treatments and products, to best meet the demands of your lifestyle and skin type.
Here are a few tips to get your skin ready for summer fun: